Title: Executive Coordinator for the Statutory Faculty and University Senate
Department: President’s Office
Reports to: Sr. Assistant to the President and the Senate President
Salary Range: $38,000 to $42,000 (Plus an excellent benefit package.)
Appointment Type: Officer of Administration/1.0 FTE/Fixed-term/12-month/No Rank
Application Dates: Position open until filled. To ensure consideration, please submit a complete packet by July 12, 2013.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The University of Oregon (UO) President’s Office seeks applications for an Executive Coordinator (EC) for the Statutory Faculty and University Senate. The EC possesses an in-depth understanding of the university’s academic environment and strong working knowledge of university policies and procedures.
The EC has two primary areas of responsibility:
1. Pursuant to the Constitution of the University of Oregon, the Statutory Faculty employs an Executive Coordinator, reporting to the President’s Office, whose responsibilities include generating and maintaining public records, organizing statutory elections, and event coordination relating to convening the Faculty Assembly.
2. The Executive Coordinator for the Statutory Faculty also fills the position of Executive Coordinator for the University Senate, reporting to the University Senate President and the President’s Office.
In order to carry out these primary responsibility areas, the Executive Coordinator is an ex officio and non-voting member of the Statutory Faculty, University Senate, Senate Executive Committee, and Committee on Committees.
Demonstrated experience working with and interpreting organizational policies and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to quickly gain a strong working knowledge of university policies and procedures.
Demonstrated ability to manage and organize data and complex records.
A collaborative approach to teamwork.
Demonstrated ability to write clearly and professionally for a variety of audiences and the ability to write technical reports as it applies to policy development.
Demonstrated ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of university culture and academic environment.
Demonstrated ability to work with large and diverse constituencies at all levels of a complex organization.
Demonstrated level of organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, detail oriented, and time sensitive environment.
Demonstrated integrity, ingenuity, and inventiveness in the performance of assigned duties.
Demonstrated excellence in verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse socio-economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
A minimum of three years work experience in higher education.
To assist the search committee in making the selection for the Executive Coordinator, please provide written responses to the supplemental questions listed below.
1. Describe experiences that have prepared you to organize, work with, understand, interpret, and accurately write University of Oregon Senate policies and procedures.
2. Describe experiences that demonstrate your ability to discuss policies and procedures with diverse constituencies at all levels in a complex organization.
3. Describe experiences that have prepared you to manage and organize data and complex records through paper trails, electronic documents, and on-line information sources.
4. Describe how you form positive working relationships with colleagues and/or stakeholders.
We seek qualified candidates who share our commitment to diversity. To ensure consideration, please submit application materials which must include a letter of interest, answers to supplemental questions, and a resume with the names and contact information for three references, via email, to email@example.com by July 12, 2013.
NOTE: This position is subject to a criminal background check.
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act