Revised: Application Review Date
1.0 FTE; renewable one-year contract.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000 plus benefits package
Reporting to the Associate Registrar for Operations, the Assistant Registrar for Transfer Articulation and Graduation leads and manages the transfer articulation and graduation processes in the Office of the Registrar. Functions performed in this position include:
Collaborate with academic departments on transfer course equivalencies, and graduation requirements.
Act as liaison to UO’s Information Services for all transfer articulation, and graduation-related efforts.
Develop and deliver training, informational materials, and web content.
Supervise 2 FTE lead workers; co-supervise approximately 9 student records specialists.
Independently make implementation, training, and maintenance decisions within the framework of the Office of the Registrar and University of Oregon goals to enhance transfer articulation and graduation processes.
Collect and analyze queried transfer articulation and graduation results from a data warehouse utilizing Cognos reporting tools.
Serve on office and university committees as assigned.
Serves as part of the office management team.
Minimum Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of three years' professional administrative experience, preferably in a registrar’s or records office. Experience supervising full-time staff required. Proficiency in basic Windows desktop applications (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally. Excellent organization skills and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree. Two years' experience working with an enterprise-wide student information system (e.g., Banner). Willingness to learn emerging technologies and develop new skills.
The finalist for the position must complete a criminal background check.
Application review will begin February 1, 2013 and will continue until position is filled. To apply, submit the following:
1) A cover letter which addresses experience directly related to this position,
2) A complete resume, contact information for three professional references
3) Responses to the supplemental questions listed on this announcement to:
Mail: Office of the Registrar, 5257 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403
Hand Deliver During Business Hours: Office of the Registrar, 200 Oregon Hall, corner of 13th and Agate, Eugene. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Oregon is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse institution and seeks candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to its diverse community.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please answer each of the following questions in 250 words or less:
1. Describe your experience evaluating domestic and international transcripts. Give an example of a course you articulated and the resources you used.
2. Give an example of when you had to update validation tables in your information system due to a change in institution policy. Demonstrate the procedures you developed or followed.
3. Give an example of a situation where you used professional judgment in making a difficult decision; what was your process and what was the outcome of your decision?
4. Describe your supervisory style and strategies you have used to communicate with staff.