Office Specialist 2 - Archive
|Department:||Counseling & Testing Center|
|Salary:||$12.89 - $18.71 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Counseling and Testing Center invites applications for a full-time Office Specialist 2 in the Testing Office.
o This position requires bachelor's degree as required by the State of Oregon for all GED examiners.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... an associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university as required by the State of Oregon for all GED examiners.
* Experience with word-processing, spreadsheet, and database computer applications.
* Strong communication and listening skills and ability to respond positively in difficult moments to upset test candidates.
* Ability to work with diverse populations that may have limited English skills.
Please indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
* Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills.
* Experience and familiarity with standardized testing programs and procedures.
Position requires certification within six months as a Computer Based Testing Administrator by the Educational Testing Services and as a GED administrator by the State of Oregon. Other test administrations require various certifications and documentation of skills.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position assists with the administration of all testing programs, including scoring, reporting, and maintaining all tests and testing records offered through the Testing Office. Duties include:
... assisting with the administration and proctoring of over 50 testing programs administered through the Testing Office; maintaining and updating web based exam scheduling system.
... responding to inquiries or request for information over the telephone and in person; explaining and clarifying test policies, procedures, fees, and schedules.
... providing clerical and technical support for the Testing Office, including word processing, maintaining spreadsheets and databases, and using online scoring and database programs; maintaining testing records and databases and retrieving testing records.
... scheduling testing appointments; receiving and recording payments for testing fees; assisting in making preparations for offsite group testing programs.
... maintaining the daily Testing Office schedule; monitoring and responding to requests for UO accommodated classroom exams.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure that any experience or training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. If you could put together a group of individuals with yourself to form a perfect work team, what strengths would you bring to the group and what strengths would you want others to bring?
2. This position will require working with a number of different software and web-based applications. Please provide detailed information about what software you are competent using and describe how you have used this software in previous positions.
3. Please provide an assessment of your ability to communicate detailed information to a wide variety of people. Please include any experience you have had providing this type of customer service including what was challenging for you and what was rewarding for you.
4. The Division of Student Affairs is intentionally creating a multicultural organization that actively includes and engages everyone. What does this mean to you, and if you are selected for this position, how will you contribute to and participate in this process?
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.