Trades/Maintenance Worker 2 - Archive
|Salary:||$13.82 - $20.53 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Campus Operations invites applications for a full-time Irrigation Technician (Trades Maintenance Worker 2).
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open only to employees of the University of Oregon who meet the qualifications listed below. Temporary and student workers are not eligible to apply.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... three years of general building/facility maintenance experience in one or more of the following trade areas: carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and painting.
* At least five years of experience with irrigation installation and repair, preferably as lead.
* At least two years of experience as a grounds keeper which included plant care.
* An associate's degree in Landscape Technology or Horticulture; or
completion of a Landscape Certification program or license in a horticultural specialty.
* Basic computer skills.
* Good working knowledge of all aspects of landscape irrigation, ornamental plants, horticultural practices, and familiarity with the operation of landscape maintenance, construction, and related safety equipment.
* Working knowledge of Toro Sentinel or other centralized control systems.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record.
* Experience in landscape construction.
* Experience in arboriculture.
* Certified backflow inspector.
Position requires commitment to the university's affirmative action and equal opportunity goals and plans and the university's diversity plan; commitment to maintain the highest ethical standards within the department and university.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides technical expertise and logistical support to achieve overall Campus Operations' goals by developing and maintaining campus landscape irrigation systems and supporting grounds maintenance. Duties include:
... troubleshooting, repairing, renovating, and expanding existing irrigation systems; maintaining and developing centralized irrigation programs; assisting Zone Specialists in substantial irrigation work, including excavation, system assembly, and landscape repair following irrigation project completion; maintaining inventory of irrigation parts, tools, and supplies.
... assisting the Landscape Designer and Zone Specialist in constructing campus improvement projects, including planting, excavation, and major pruning; assisting the Arborist in ground safety and clearing debris from tree maintenance projects; assisting the Exterior Hardscape Coordinator in power washing or light construction projects.
... working with the Landscape Team to clear leaves from campus area in the fall to ensure the safety of pedestrians and bicyclists by clearing from walks, ramps, steps and drains and to protect lawns and landscaped areas.
... performing routine care of grounds maintenance equipment and tools; performing routine custodial cleaning of grounds crew facilities.
... assisting in emergency responses during snow, ice, rain, or windstorms; attending crew meetings, work planning, and training sessions; assisting in other Exterior Team activities as needed; serving as leadworker for student workers or other Groundskeepers in performing zone maintenance tasks.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience with irrigation installation, troubleshooting, and repair using Toro Sentinel or other centralized control systems. Indicate if this included residential or commercial settings, and whether you performed in a lead capacity.
2. Describe your experience and training as as a grounds keeper, including plant care, landscape maintenance, and landscape construction.
3. Describe your ability to provide exceptional customer service including experiences that demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.