Analyst Programmer 2 - Archive
|Department:||College of Arts and Sciences IT|
|Salary:||$22.71 - $42.15 Per Hour|
o University of Oregon College of Arts and Sciences Information Technology Support services (CASIT) invites applications for full-time System Administrator.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications.
o Closing date extended to 4/11/14.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or related area, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
* Three years of programming experience, and experience working with object-oriented programming languages, Microsoft Visual Studio, and C#.
* Demonstrated experience as a DBA for Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 or 2012 on Windows Server 2012.
* Demonstrated experience administering web sites using Microsoft Internet Information Server 8.0 on Windows Server 2012.
* Higher education experience, mindful of policy, procedure, security, and confidentiality.
* Strong relational database and SQL skills.
* Attention to detail and accuracy; organizational and project management skills.
* Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Experience interacting successfully with users at all levels of an organization.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, technical writing, problem solving, verbal communications, and consulting.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, either independently or as part of a team in a technical environment.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field from an accredited institution.
* Fluency in or experience working with PHP and MySQL.
* Experience writing reports using IBM Cognos or Business Objects.
* Substantial and demonstrated experience with relational database design and DBA experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar product.
* Experience querying Banner Finance, Human Resources, and Student modules.
* Familiarity with the principles and best practices of accessible web development.
* Proven skills in technical writing, problem solving, verbal communications, consulting, and teaching.
Hiring is contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides Cognos/SQL/Banner related programming support for the College of Arts and Sciences. Duties include:
... authoring reports and creating dashboard components using Cognos; developing report templates and implementing CAS standards; converting legacy system reports to a Cognos-based solution.
... developing, improving, and modifying object-oriented programming code, including improving existing software, adding modules to existing systems, interacting with relational databases and SQL scripting.
... providing programming support for other college units as needed and communicating with users at all levels of the organization.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience leading the technical development of a web based technology project or projects. What technologies did you use and how did you contribute to the research, selection and implementation of these technologies? What type of team did you work with?
2. List at least 4 technologies that you are most proficient in (for example, C#, Java, MS SQL, Frameworks) and state what you feel are the strengths and weaknesses of these technologies for web application development.
3. Describe your experience working with clients. Who were the clients? What was your role in interacting with them? How did you manage their expectations? What did you find most rewarding and the most challenging in working with them? What experience have you had working with university faculty?
4. Please list the years of experience with each of these areas:
Experience with: # of years
IBM Cognos ____
MS SQL Server ____
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.