Analyst Programmer 1 - Archive
|Department:||College of Arts and Sciences IT|
|Salary:||$2996 - $4902 Monthly|
o The University of Oregon College of Arts and Sciences IT unit (CASIT) invites applications for a full-time Front End Web Developer (Analyst Programmer). This is a revision of earlier posting 4686.
o This is a classified position represented by the Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
* Demonstrated proficiency turning graphic mockups into valid HTML/CSS.
* A minimum of one year experience independently implementing and maintaining websites using WordPress, Drupal, or comparable CMS.
* Demonstrated experience showing knowledge of the principles and best practices of accessible web development.
* Demonstrated proficiency in SQL.
* Demonstrated familiarity with a version control system.
* Familiarity with the principles and best practices of responsive web development.
* Ability to independently and collaboratively troubleshoot and solve problems.
* Experience with jQuery or similar libraries.
* Proven skills in technical writing, problem solving, verbal and written communications, consulting, and teaching.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, either independently or as part of a team, in a rapidly changing technical environment.
* Experience with principles of effective design.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The College of Arts and Sciences Information Technology (CASIT) Web Services provides support for departments in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences divisions, and the Dean's Office. These services are used by faculty, staff, and students from the general University population. This position serves as a technical expert, and makes independent judgments about how best to implement technology to support CASIT's web development service. Duties include:
... converting design mockups into HTML/CSS-based CMS themes and implementing designs from other team members into content management systems, including WordPress and Drupal; ensuring websites meet accessibility guidelines; using independent judgment about how best to implement designer's creative direction using CSS while following web design best practices and standards;
... creating documentation for website clients; training clients using formal presentations and informal communications in person or over the telephone and email.
... working in a shared development environment and managing code changes using Git and SVN.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please submit no more than two URLs for complex web sites on which you have served as the primary web developer. Along with the web addresses, please be as specific as possible in answering the following questions. Your answers should demonstrate how you meet the required (and if possible, preferred) job qualifications.
* The content management system used.
* What were your responsibilities in the development of this web site. If you worked with other developers, explain the division of duties.
* What additional functionality you added with the use of 3rd party modules, plug-ins or libraries.
* For each project, describe your communication with the client or main stakeholder for the project. How did you manage expectations and maintain clarity about the timeline and deliverables?
* Overall, describe how the site evolved after launch, and what you learned from that process.
submission is the preferred method. Create an account at:Human Resources Job Application Form (Online)
Paper submission can be made by printing the form at:
Human Resources Job Application Form (PDF)
Mail or hand deliver the paper application and all relevant materials, including the answers to the supplemental questions, by 5:00PM on the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
The UO Human Resources application must be filled out completely, with a signature or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.