Food Service Worker 3 - Archive
|Salary:||$11.45 - $16.07 Per Hour|
o University Housing invites applications for full-time Food Service Worker 3. Position works a flexible schedule that may include night, weekend, and holiday shifts. There are currently two vacancies.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... three years work experience in commercial food service facility; OR
... an associate's degree in Food Service Management.
Successful applicant must obtain a Food Handler's Card within two weeks of employment and be able to understand and complete Hazard Communication Training supplied by UO.
* Experience with supervision or lead work, including experience training others in food service skills.
* Strong customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to maintain professional demeanor in stressful or confrontational situations and work as an effective team member.
* Ability to read menus and worksheets, and calculate and read recipes written in English; written English skills necessary to complete usage reports and HACCP forms.
* Knowledge, skills, and ability to operate common institutional food service equipment and to grill, broil, saute, braise, bake, steam, cut, mix, and mash.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position oversees the work of student employees and lower level food service workers in providing support for one of the food service venues located in University Housing. Duties include:
... overseeing and directing the work of food service workers, student employees and temporary employees, including food and beverage preparation, serving, stocking, cleaning and all other assigned duties; assigning and monitoring the work of all lower level food service workers for quality and quantity of work; prioritizing unit workload and covering open shifts and/or reassigning staff to ensure that all areas are adequately staffed; ensuring proper training and consistently enforcing food service/housing policies and procedures with all lower level staff.
... assuring that facilities meet UO cleanliness and safety guidelines and training student employees in work tasks to meet these guidelines; overseeing and participating in washing and sanitizing equipment; sweeping and washing floors; washing walls, windows, tables, counters, hoods, sinks; and other equipment; processing and handling food in a safe manner by following food safety guidelines, including cooling food for proper storage.
... providing customer service to students, staff, and public patrons, including taking orders, processing payments, preparing food items, serving guests, and maintaining dining rooms; counting and balancing tills, preparing shift documents, making deposits.
... assisting in hiring student food service workers; maintaining appropriate stock levels by assisting with orders; organizing and storing equipment, recycling packaging and composting materials; reporting repairs needed to building or equipment; correcting unsafe conditions or reports them to lead worker or manager.
Position requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, and walk on concrete floors that are slippery when wet. Requires ability to stoop, twist, bend, reach, grasp with high frequency while handling items weighing 20 pounds; good eye-hand coordination and good personal hygiene is essential to performance of this position.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience with lead work or supervision of food service workers. Indicate number of people you have supervised, what level of supervision, and in what type of setting.
2. Describe your experience preparing foods and beverages, and indicate the institutional food service equipment and methods used.
3. Describe experience that demonstrates your customer service skills.
4. Describe experience the demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
5. This position assures that the UO Housing Food Services maintains a high level of food safety and sanitation practices, including a HACCP system. Describe work experience that demonstrates your ability to fulfill this responsibility.
submission is the preferred method. Create an account at:Human Resources Job Application Form (Online)
Paper submission can be made by printing the form at:
Human Resources Job Application Form (PDF)
Mail or hand deliver the paper application and all relevant materials, including the answers to the supplemental questions, by 5:00PM on the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
The UO Human Resources application must be filled out completely, with a signature or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.