Analyst Programmer 2 - Archive
|Department:||College of Arts and Sciences IT|
|Salary:||$3878 - $7198 Monthly|
o University of Oregon College of Arts and Sciences IT unit (CASIT) invites applications for full-time Analyst Programmer. Search re-opened.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
In addition the position requires:
* Demonstrated proficiency developing software using languages such as Python, PHP or Ruby.
* Familiarity with configuration and use of servers employing a Linux/Apache-MySQL/PHP (LAMP) web application architecture.
* Proficiency with SQL and experience with analytical tools used for queries and reporting.
* Ability to communicate in both technical and business terms with a variety of constituents from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Demonstrated familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, or applicable field from an accredited educational institution.
* Experience working with PHP and MySQL.
* Fluency in PHP, and other object oriented programming languages.
* Substantial and demonstrated experience with relational database design, DBA experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL or similar.
* Familiarity with the principles and best practices of accessible web development
* Proven skills in technical writing, problem solving, verbal communications, consulting, and teaching.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, either independently or as part of a team in a rapidly changing technical environment.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Web Services provides support for departments in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences divisions, and the Dean's Office. These services are used by faculty, staff, and students from the general University population. This position provides primary programming support for CASIT's web development service and programming support as needed for College of Arts and Sciences projects. Duties include:
... developing database driven web applications for departmental web sites, which must satisfy the University of Oregon's accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0 [Level A]), including planning, documenting, and testing all web-based and data-driven applications.
... configuring and troubleshooting web server hardware and software to meet the needs of clients, including web server applications, such as Apache or Microsoft IIS, and database applications, such as MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server, and other applications as assigned.
... providing programming support for other College units as needed.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience leading the technical development of an instructional technology project or projects. What technologies did you use and how did you contribute to the research, selection and implementation of these technologies? What type of team did you work with, how did you act as a leader and what did you find challenging about leading this team? How did this project impact instruction for both the instructor and students?
3. Describe your experience working with project clients. Who were the clients? What was your role in interacting with them? How did you manage their expectations? What did you find most rewarding and the most challenging in working with them? What experience have you had working with university faculty?
4. Please describe your project management experience. Please include in your response your experience providing technical supervision of staff (including planning, organizing, assigning, prioritizing, and reviewing the work of others).
5. Please list the years of experience within each of the 5 areas listed below:
a.) Ruby on Rails
e.) Mobile App Development
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.