Analyst Programmer 2 - Archive
|Salary:||$3878 - $7198 Monthly|
o The University of Oregon Library invites applications for a full-time Programmer/Web Application Developer (Analyst Programmer).
o This is a classified position represented by the Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
* Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining complex Web sites using PHP, SQL, WebServices and CSS.
* Professional level experience with custom plugin/module development in Drupal.
* Mobile web and responsive design experience.
* Fluent in one or more of the following database languages: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL or similar.
* Strong experience with database and query optimization.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails.
* Demonstrated expertise with server software installation, configuration, customization, and troubleshooting, preferably with Apache or IIS.
* Demonstrated familiarity and experience with Web accessibility and usability norms/guidelines.
* Ability to quickly troubleshoot and solve technical problems, learn new technologies, work on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
* Familiarity with user interface issues and information architecture.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, either independently or as part of a collaborative team in a rapidly changing technical environment.
* Demonstrated skills with leadership in project management, consensus building, and problem solving.
* Experience in and/or familiarity with libraries and library services.
* Excellent oral and written communication, the ability to translate technical processes and solutions into terms understandable by a non-technical audience.
* Experience working with diverse user base.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides primary programming support for the library's Web sites and staff intranet and applications development to support library workflows and services. Duties include:
... providing Drupal and Wordpress customization and module development to implement and manage library Web sites; building, modifying, testing, managing, and troubleshooting Web sites to meet customer needs, following best practices and university standards for Web site development; working in both production and development environments; ensuring that Web pages and sites meet current accessibility standards; installing, configuring, maintaining, and upgrading instances of Drupal and Wordpress; developing interactive interfaces, middleware, and database solutions for integration into the library's Web sites; participating as part of the library Web development team.
... designing, developing, and maintaining Web applications to automate library workflows; creating and delivering end user and project documentation.
... designing and developing mobile Web sites; adapting existing Web applications for optimal functionality on mobile devices using responsive design or other techniques.
... providing technical support and problem resolution to staff using content management systems and library developed applications; providing training for deployed Web solutions.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Please limit your responses to no more than one page per question. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure that any experience or training described in your responses is included on your application.
3. Describe your experience programming with relational databases. Describe your experience working with SQL or variations, including your strategies for efficient SQL queries and database optimization for web delivery. Give an example where a non-relational data model makes more sense.
4. Describe your experience working as a developer in a collaborative environment, including version control, documentation, bug tracking, and communication.
5. Please indicate your length of experience (years or months) and provide a short description of your experience using each of the following languages or tools.
g. Unix/Linux literacy
h. Windows literacy
i. Other programming languages (please specify)
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.