Executive Support Specialist 1 - Archive
|Salary:||$13.62 - $20.23 Per Hour|
o University Advancement at the University of Oregon invites applications for a full-time Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice President for Communications, Marketing, and Brand Management (Executive Support Specialist 1). Position may occasionally be required to work evenings and weekends based on operational needs.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... three years of clerical/secretarial experience which included: one year at a full performance level performing typing, word processing, or other generating of documents; and lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures. Courses or training in Office Occupations or Office Technology may be substituted for up to one year of the clerical/secretarial experience.
* Three years experience providing administrative support for an executive.
* Advanced proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; keyboard speed of at least 55 wpm.
* Ability to set priorities, take initiative, be proactive and follow-up, and manage diverse responsibilities and multiple tasks.
* Ability to work in an environment with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
* Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to work in a self-motivated, punctual, reliable, and flexible manner.
* Ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and equity.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record.
* Experience with Outlook.
Please indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides confidential administrative support services to the Associate Vice President for Communications, Marketing, and Brand Management (AVP). Duties include:
... prioritizing matters requiring the AVP's attention and coordinating work flow through the office in the absence of the AVP, including establishing priorities, determining when action is required, and making decisions as appropriate; assisting the AVP in making strategic, policy, and organizational decisions by providing recommendations based on information received from university administrators, board officers, and staff; composing, formatting, and editing confidential reports, plans, presentations, and other documents; preparing and drafting correspondence using handwritten notes or verbal instructions; responding to staff requests and concerns, and requests for information; managing the AVP's calendar and acting on behalf of the AVP to schedule appointments and meetings; assisting with meeting arrangements by gathering information, preparing briefing files, drafting agendas, developing presentation materials, recording minutes, and organizing and executing follow-up actions; preparing and maintaining confidential information related to personnel management, strategic planning, and legal correspondence; planning the details and making arrangements for travel, including maintaining and processing travel funds and reimbursements.
.... coordinating general office functions, including organizing and maintaining filing systems;greeting visitors and answering the telephone; responding to electronic, campus, and US mail; responding to questions from staff regarding operational policies and procedures; maintaining AVP's office equipment, requests for supplies and office maintenance; coordinating major projects and special events; tracking and monitor staff vacation requests; scheduling, supervising, and evaluating the work of student employees.
... monitoring and administering AVP's budget and expenditures; processing invoices and expense reports and tracking as required by policies for expense reimbursement; maintaining account records for AVP expenses, keeping him informed of balances and expenditures as they occur; assisting the AVP in preparing the annual budget for the department.
This position requires occasional lifting heavy boxes or materials. Workspace may not have windows or air conditioning.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience providing confidential administrative and secretarial support for an executive or manager, including coordinating work flow; maintaining calendars; maintaining electronic and hard copy records; arranging travel; writing, editing, and proofreading correspondence and other documents; building and maintaining spreadsheets and preparing reports. Briefly describe the nature and complexity of the work for which the executive or manager was responsible and the type of confidential information with which you worked.
2. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to exercise judgment and discretion in responding to communications (correspondence, telephone, e-mail and in-person inquiries) and directly address issues independently or make appropriate inquiries or referrals.
3. Describe your experience coordinating meetings, including scheduling, arranging, staffing, anticipating meeting needs, and gathering information in preparation for meetings, preparing meeting materials, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and following up on action items. Please include your experience with using MS Office software, including PowerPoint, Excel, Work and Outlook.
4. The position represents the Associate Vice President for Communications, Marketing, and Brand Management in communication with university leadership, administrators and staff, and external audiences. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to represent an executive and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures both orally and in writing.
5. This position requires ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and coordinate multiple tasks and projects. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
submission is the preferred method. Create an account at:Human Resources Job Application Form (Online)
Paper submission can be made by printing the form at:
Human Resources Job Application Form (PDF)
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://http://hr.uoregon.edu/jobs/skillcode
Mail or hand deliver the paper application and all relevant materials, including the answers to the supplemental questions, by 5:00PM on the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
The UO Human Resources application must be filled out completely, with a signature or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.