Office Specialist 2 - Archive
|Department:||Arts and Sciences Development|
|Salary:||$12.70 - $18.43 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a full-time Development Assistant (Office Specialist 2). Position will require occasional evening and weekend work and some travel for donor events.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
* Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer applications.
* Excellent writing skills and experience communicating effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Excellent bookkeeping skills.
Please indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides confidential secretarial and administrative support for the Senior Director of Development, Development Administrator, and several Associate Development Officers. Duties include:
... preparing and maintaining confidential donor files; researching and maintaining records of potential donors; maintaining general files and records. ... answering the telephone, greeting visitors, screening and forwarding calls to appropriate personnel; communicating with donors, alumni, faculty, and staff, via e-mail, or in writing to answer questions, and provide and request information and services; maintaining office calendar; making arrangements for meetings, special conferences, and events; scheduling appointments.
... assisting with word processing, composing, performing layout and formatting document, including correspondence, memos, proposals, reports, manuscripts, and other textual information in rough draft, recorded or live voice dictation, or from general instructions.
... staffing alumni events; providing clerical support for donor stewardship events, including preparing correspondence, and making arrangements for presentations and tours.
... processing financial transactions, paying invoices, processing reimbursements for travel and supply expenses; coordinating expenditures through state and UO Foundation accounts; explaining rules and procedures regarding the use of funds.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience providing confidential administrative support for managers, including preparing correspondence, reports, and other documents; maintaining files and records; scheduling meetings; making travel arrangements; processing financial transactions; and gathering information. Give examples of the types of documents you prepared and the software you used to complete these tasks.
2. Describe your experience with prioritizing tasks with competing deadlines. Give detailed examples of how you have successfully managed your time while still meeting the expectations of multiple people in a high pace work environment, with multiple deadlines and frequent interruptions.
3. Describe your experience maintaining and retrieving information in a database, transferring files between databases, and uploading information confidentially. Indicate the software programs with which you are familiar to complete these tasks.
4. This position communicates with alumni and donors as well as staff from a variety of UO departments. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to collaborate and communicate effectively orally and in writing with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
EO/AA/ADA institution committed to cultural diversity. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.