Office Specialist 1 - Archive
|Department:||University Health Center|
|Salary:||$11.45 - $16.07 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Health Center invites applications for full-time Medical Records Clerk (Office Specialist 1). Working hours vary from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and may require some work on weekends and holidays.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... one year of general clerical experience which includes typing, word processing, or other generation of documents; OR
... completion of courses or training in Office Technology; OR
... an equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Minimum one year recent experience working in a medical office setting.
* Experience scheduling patient medical appointments.
* Knowledge and understanding of Medical Terminology.
* Demonstrable experience in providing excellent customer service, both in person and via telephone.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks with accuracy and efficiency and strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions.
* Experience in Microsoft Office and proficiency in data entry.
* Experience working with an electronic medical record.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a respectful and professional manner with co-workers and individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Please indicate your clerical skills on the attached Office Support Skill Code Sheet and submit with your application materials.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position schedules appointments, provides reception, and general clerical support for the University Health Center (UHC). Duties include:
... welcoming students, visitors, parents, and others by greeting them in person or on the telephone in a professional and courteous manner; directing and assisting individuals after determining purpose of visit; scheduling appointments and follow-up appointments in person and over the telephone; collaborating with Triage and Clinic Area Coordinators in determining the best decision in making non-routine patient appointments; directing calls to proper department or individual and taking phone messages.
... assisting students in obtaining information about UHC services, bills, insurance, medical record releases, UHC policies and procedures; assisting students in completing CCARE enrollment forms, obtaining proper insurance cards and other required documents for eligible students; processing CCARE forms within established guidelines; understanding care options for students not currently registered to determine when to have student complete "stop out" and "intent to register" forms and when appointment qualifies as a one-time follow-up.
... assisting in maintaining smooth patient flow; assisting students in distress by providing a wheelchair and notifying triage or other trained personnel.
... processing payments for students choosing to pay cash for services rendered, including collecting payment, writing receipt, and providing change; printing insurance statements and explain reimbursement procedures.
... following the locking and unlocking protocol of exterior doors, other assigned doors, handicap pad, and elevator, and for other end of day protocols at the designated time.
.. . checking each "next day" scheduled appointment to ensure the electronic medical record (EHR) is complete and ready for the student's visit; organizing, scanning and linking documents into the EHR; checking and signing off on medical records in the EHR system; retrieving patient medical records as requested by nursing, medical, and administrative staff; reviewing medical record for completeness; filing outside medical records and dental charts; notifying manager or department lead of errors to allow for corrections in the EHR.
... archiving electronic documents and scanning charts; maintaining area and stocking supplies; performing clerical and filing tasks.
Position has high public contact with frequent interruptions in work. Position is exposed to communicable diseases and illnesses and potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Position works in a high volume area which may include sitting at a computer for up to eight hours. Requires ability to continuously sit, bend, reach, lift, and stretch.
To assist us in making the selection for ththis position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. This position provides customer and reception services in person and over the telephone to students, parents, faculty, staff and members of the public. Describe experience that demonstrates your customer service and reception skills, including answering the telephone, responding to questions and providing a wide range of information in a high volume setting.
2. Describe your experience scheduling medical appointments. Please address your experience working with a computerized scheduling system, indicate the volume of calls you handled, the type of scheduling protocols you used and your experience working with an electronic medical record. Indicate if you have experience triaging patients over the phone or in person.
3. This position requires one year recent experience working in a medical office setting. Describe your most recent experience working in a medical setting and address how your skills, abilities and experience will allow you to meet the requirements of this position as listed in the posting.
4. Describe your experience and provide examples that demonstrate your ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures, including individuals for whom English is a second language.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.