ContractsTechnician 2 - Archive
|Department:||Purchasing and Contracting Services|
|Salary:||$21.19 - $32.50 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Purchasing and Contracting Services (PCS) invites applications for a full-time Contracts Specialist 2 (Program Technician 2).
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of experience with responsibility for program or project monitoring and coordination in a purchasing or procurement environment that included program evaluation responsibility.
In addition this position requires:
* At least three years contracting, paralegal, technical writing, or similar experience in a business environment and an associate's degree or two years of college coursework from an accredited college or university; a bachelor's degree may substitute for one year of the required experience.
* Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
* Strong writing skills, organizational skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, and ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure.
* Mastery of skills for document organization, including processing, filing, storage, and access required.
* Mastery of intermediate skills using the Web, and using computer programs including Microsoft Office products.
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is strongly preferred.
* Experience in purchasing or procurement environment, preferably within the public sector or higher education.
* Familiarity with state laws, rules and regulations pertaining to contracting, leasing, and contract-related purchasing is preferred.
* Paralegal or similar experience.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position independently handles a wide variety of transactions and provides advanced administrative and technical support to the contracting functions within PCS and to faculty and staff across campus by interpreting contracting policies, regulations and laws. Duties include:
... drafting, reviewing, processing and approving PCS contract template forms up to $25,000 with third parties for the acquisition of goods and services and for other purposes; providing training and monitoring the work of other contracts specialist related to contract processing.
... coordinating with PCS staff to review assigned contracts to ensure appropriate contractual language, compliance with laws, rules, regulations, program policies, and procedures; suggesting and drafting edits to contracts to ensure compliance; monitoring processing of these matters.
... acting as point of contact for campus departments to explain contracting policies and procedures and to update them on the status of contracts; communicating with departments across campus regarding contract matters; drafting written communication to vendors and departments concerning contractual agreements.
... providing oversight and coordination of the contracts specialist to manage contract intake, tracking, filing and archiving processes and ensure proper procedures are followed; creating and preparing various reports on contract and purchasing matters.
... assisting in presenting campus-wide training concerning contracting policies and procedures, including helping to identify training needs, assisting in preparing training materials, developing and updating online training materials.
... participating in goal setting and determining priorities for the section; assisting in developing and implementing appropriate policy and procedures.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Please limit your responses to no more than one page per question. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure that any experience or training described in your responses is included on your application.
1. Describe your experience working in a business environment that involved contracting, paralegal, or similar responsibility in purchasing or procurement, and indicate your level of responsibility.
2. This position works collaboratively with staff and faculty in the Purchasing and Contracting Services unit and university-wide and represents the UO in communication with vendors and contractors. Describe your experience that demonstrates your ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
3. Describe your experience using electronic resources in any of the following areas: organization of work-flow, tracking of project or work status, development and maintenance of databases, use of spreadsheets, development and editing of documents, and document storage.
4. Describe your experience, if any, in developing training programs and preparing training materials.
submission is the preferred method. Create an account at:Human Resources Job Application Form (Online)
Paper submission can be made by printing the form at:
Human Resources Job Application Form (PDF)
Mail or hand deliver the paper application and all relevant materials, including the answers to the supplemental questions, by 5:00PM on the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
The UO Human Resources application must be filled out completely, with a signature or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.