Information Technology Consultant 2 - Archive
|Department:||Behavioral Research & Teaching|
|Salary:||$16.53 - $30.62 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon College of Education invites applications for a full-time Information Technology Consultant in Behavioral Research and Teaching.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... knowledge and skills in technology and information systems as generally obtained through an associate's degree in computer science, information systems, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study.
In addition, position requires:
* Experience working in a LAMP development environment.
* Familiarity with Mac and Windows infrastructure.
* Knowledge of the Linux environment and the ability to perform basic system administration tasks over the command line.
* Ability to collaborate and interact positively in a team environment and to take feedback and constructive criticism in the development of products.
* Project management and presentation skills.
* Skillful, detailed, and timely communication with both members of design teams and educational professionals.
Prefer candidates with familiarity with web accessibility standards, such as Section 508 and W3C WAI recommendations.
Position is subject to a criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides technology support for a research team requiring knowledge of web application security, reliability, scaling, and efficient delivery. Duties include:
... creating interactive and multi-media web-based applications and databases that are used to train individuals and record their responses; maintaining existing deployed web applications, including coding and database debugging and updating; ensuring that web resources and sites are accurate and readily accessible to the user community; developing new features and modifying existing deployed applications, including requirements gathering, creation of mock-ups, and implementation, debugging, and deployment; ensuring proper maintenance and support of assigned web sites; working within variable timelines and product development trajectories.
... providing support of research projects and other initiatives; performing database queries and data warehousing; selecting and configuring existing software solutions; developing new solutions and/or coding to better integrate other solutions.
... performing systems support and administration, including linux servers, virtualized deployments, and file backup and verification.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe your experience and training related to each item. Make sure your experience and training described in your responses are included in your application.
1. Describe a LAMP based web application you created or made significant contributions to? Why did you select this example?
2. What past challenges have you encountered when communicating with non-technical project managers and other employees. How did you resolve these challenges?
3. Pick one emerging web technology, describe it, and give an example of how it could be used to improve or create a web application?
4. What past challenges have you encountered when working with project deadlines? What techniques have you used to help manage these deadlines?
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
EO/AA/ADA institution committed to cultural diversity. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.