Operating Systems/Network Analyst 1 - Archive
|Department:||College of Arts and Sciences IT|
|Salary:||$15.80 - $25.74 Per Hour|
o University of Oregon College of Arts and Sciences Information Technology unit (CASIT) invites applications for full-time System Administrator (Operating Systems/Network Analyst).
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge in complex technical problem solving that would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree, in a technical field preferably computer and information science, or equivalent technical training and/or extensive demonstrated independent technical problem solving experience.
* Professional experience supporting Windows domain environments with an understanding of core Windows Server roles, such as file sharing, Active Directory, and Group Policy.
* Foundational understanding of networking technologies, such as TCP/IP, switching, and V-LANs.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
* Proven experience working effectively in a team environment.
* Professional experience working with end users.
Preference will be given to candidates that have experience with virtual machine clusters, Powershell, automated image deployment, and Linux.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the CAS System Manager, this position participates as member of the CASIT systems administration group. Duties include:
... system management, including installing, building, configuring, and monitoring server systems and supporting hardware; performing maintenance and repairs to server systems; solving server systems interoperability problems.
... providing application support, including installing, maintaining, and upgrading applications provided by CASIT systems.
... user administration, including assisting in administering Active Directory; implementing group and security policies; supporting end users with file storage, e-mail, and other CAS systems.
... providing system documentation; producing and maintaining clear and thorough technical documentation as it pertains to operating procedures, change management, and hardware/software inventories of the systems and network.
... providing security, including assigning user rights and privileges; maintaining and modifying permissions on file shares and other systems; assisting in managing CAS general network security.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience as an IT professional. Detail the number of users served, applications supported, types of servers and the nature of the work.
2. Describe the most technically challenging project you have been involved with, what was the project? What was your role? What was the outcome?
3. What do you dislike about system administration?
4. What is the most significant impact you've made in your current job (or most recent job)? Explain how this was accomplished.
5. Provide one example of technical documentation you have written, please provide brief context for the document.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.