Analyst Programmer 2 - Archive
|Salary:||$3878 - $7198 Monthly|
o The University of Oregon Library invites applications for a full-time Web Application Developer (Analyst Programmer).
o This is a classified position represented by the Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor's degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience.
In addition this position requires:
* Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining complex Web sites using PHP, SQL, WebServices and CSS.
* Professional level experience with custom plugin/module development in Drupal
* Mobile web and responsive design experience
* Ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative environment.
* Ability to quickly troubleshoot and solve technical problems, learn new technologies, work on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated skills in project management, consensus building, and problem solving.
* Demonstrated familiarity and experience with Web accessibility and usability norms/guidelines.
* Demonstrated familiarity with cross-platform Web development and support.
* Familiarity with user interface issues and information architecture.
* Excellent oral and written communication, and the ability to translate technical processes and solutions into terms understandable by a non-technical audience.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides lead technical support and management of the library's Web sites and intranet. Duties include:
... building, testing, and managing Web sites to meet customer needs, following best practices and university standards for Web site development, in both production and development environments.
... developing Drupal and Wordpress customization and modules for the library's Web site.
... configuring, maintaining and updating instances of Drupal and Wordpress.
... developing interactive interfaces, middleware and database solutions for integration into the library's Web sites.
... monitoring and implemeting appropriate standards and guidelines, including 508 complinace, and maintaining Web analytics for Web sites.
... designing and developing Web applications in both development and production environments; installing software updates and patches for blogs, wikis, other content management systems, and other Web based applications.
... adapting Web applications for optimal functionality on mobile devices using responsive design or other techniques.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Please limit your responses to no more than one page per question. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure that any experience or training described in your responses is included on your application.
3. Describe your experience programming with relational databases. Describe your experience working with SQL or variations, including your strategies for efficient SQL queries and database optimization for web delivery. Give an example where a non-relational data model makes more sense.
4. Describe your experience working as a developer in a collaborative environment, including version control, documentation, bug tracking, and communication.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.