Office Specialist 2 - Archive
|Department:||Erb Memorial Union|
|Salary:||$12.70 - $18.43 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Erb Memorial Union (EMU) invites applications for a full-time Scheduling and Event Services Coordinator (Office Specialist 2). The event-driven nature of the work requires the employee to maintain a flexible schedule from week-to-week, including some work on weekends.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the persons appointed to these positions will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... an associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
This position requires:
* Experience with word-processing, database, and spreadsheet computer applications and ability to learn new software.
* Strong customer relations, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to prioritize work in an environment with high-volume traffic and frequent interruptions.
* Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
Indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for reviewing, researching, planning, and facilitating the scheduling, support, and technical needs of University facilities for non-academic events. Duties include:
... communicating with faculty, staff, students, event sponsors, outside user groups and the public to reserve space and coordinate details for non-academic use of EMU schedulable locations, 100 classrooms, Gerlinger Alumni Lounge, outdoor spaces and other campus locations; consulting on event reservations and conference services; researching, interpreting, and communicating UO policies and procedures; developing cost estimates for event services and preparing and inputting charges; monitoring facilities during events; coordinating event security with UO Public Safety and contracted service providers; preparing and coordinating agreements and contracts; creating follow-up reports for event planners; developing and improving procedures.
... calculating estimated charges for current and future events requiring event support services, technical equipment, area supervisors, event rental fees, or other UO services; preparing invoices for rent, equipment, and services rendered; collecting pre-payments and depositing to appropriate accounts; preparing diagram for event planners to ensure that fire and safety codes are maintained and set up meets user's needs; assisting with event evaluations for assessing services and practices; working with non-campus vendors and limited duration sales and solicitation contracts to ensure compliance with UO policy, statutes and rulings.
... providing general office support, including ordering office supplies and assisting in training student staff; preparing calendars of events for campus distribution; developing forms.
Position requires ability to spend prolonged periods of time working on a comupter in a high traffic office with frequent interruptions. Entire shifts may require walking between venues when monitoring events.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. This position is responsible for coordinating the scheduling of/and managing events. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to coordinate the details of events such as conferences, lecture, and performances.
2. Describe your experience using computer software to track and report detailed information. Indicate your experience creating and maintaining databases. Specify the software programs with which you are proficient.
3. Describe your experience representing an organization in communicating with other staff and members of the public from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Indicate experience researching, interpreting, and explaining policies and procedures. Please indicate if any of your experience has been working with students.
4. This position is responsible for calculating charges, billing customers, collecting payments, and making deposits. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to perform these responsibilities.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.