Office Specialist 2 - Archive
|Department:||Lundquist College of Business|
|Salary:||$12.70 - $18.43 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Lundquist College of Business invites applications for a full-time Development Assistant (Office Specialist 2) in the Office of Development. Position works a flexible schedule and will require the ability to work evenings and weekends to support college events.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the persons appointed to these positions will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... an associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
In addition this position requires:
* Proven experience with client and external constituency customer service.
* Advanced experience with Microsoft Office software suite, including the ability to format, filter, and use basic formulas within Excel; proven graphics computer skills, and database applications.
* Discretion and ability to interact with high-level donors, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
* Strong communication skills, independent judgment, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
* Excellent organizational skills; strong analytical and creative abilities
* Ability to set priorities, take initiative, be proactive and follow-up, manage diverse responsibilities and multiple tasks.
* Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills, and strong attention to detail.
* Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, and flexible.
* Ability to work effectively in team environment with frequent distractions.
Please indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides confidential administrative support for the Directors of Development and Director of Stewardship. Duties include:
... supporting business and fiscal affairs in the office, including developing supplies and services budget and preparing quarterly budget reports; auditing office expenses and notifying Director of concerns; preparing personal service contracts and authorizing payments; researching, purchasing, and maintaining office supplies and equipment inventory.
... providing administrative support of a confidential and sensitive nature to facilitate fundraising activities; managing electronic scheduling system; researching, analyzing, and maintaining confidential development files; preparing and maintaining accurate and detailed contact records for donor and prospect communications in database systems and paper files; maintaining and monitoring records and files; using the fundraising database to create and generate complex reports on donor records and activity; researching prospective donors using online and library sources; arranging and scheduling meetings with prospective donors, especially on-campus visits.
... providing assistance to the directors in drafting, typing, formatting, processing, mailing, and tracking a variety of documents, including letters, proposals, reports, gift intention letters, thank you letters, and other written materials; assisting in making arrangements for travel for the Directors; preparing travel expense documents for billing and reimbursement.
... providing administrative support for stewardship program and event planning; including taking reservations, preparing for tailgate parties, drafting invitations, coordinating logistics, and preparing materials; scheduling External Relations meetings, including securing locations, preparing materials, and taking and distributing minutes; coordinating stewardship activities, including sending cards to key development prospects.
... reviewing affiliated donor lists to identify Lundquist College donors and coordinate internal University Development protocols and related external correspondence; creating and analyzing a variety of complex fundraising and program measurement reports, such as quarterly reports on development activity; preparing PowerPoint presentations and coordinating External Relations mailings.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure that any experience or training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. This position uses word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Describe your experience creating and maintaining databases, maintaining electronic files, and the types of documents you prepared and maintained. Specify the computer software with which you are proficient.
2. Describe your experience providing administrative support, including preparing mailings, event planning, and maintaining hard copy and electronic records.
3. This position communicates with UO faculty, administrators, staff and outside organizations and alumni. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with diverse audiences.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.