Information Technology Consultant 2 - Archive
|Salary:||$16.53 - $30.62 Per Hour|
o Information Services at the University of Oregon invites applications for a full-time Workstation Support Specialist (Information Technology Consultant).
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... knowledge and skills in technology and information systems as generally obtained through an associate's degree in computer science, information systems, or related fields, or similar certified course work in applicable fields of study and at least 1 year of work experience in a customer-oriented computer support environment.
In addition, position requires:
* Extensive knowledge of PC and Macintosh hardware, and experience supporting applications typically found in an office environment (Microsoft Office, Adobe products, etc.).
* Experience with malware remediation tools and common troubleshooting techniques for computer workstations, laptops, printers, copiers, and hand-held device platforms.
* Familiarity with videoconferencing concepts and technologies, and the ability to set up and support local and remote clients.
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with a wide variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures; ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
* Experience working with Microsoft Windows 7 / 8, Mac OS 10.7/10.8, Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Active Directory, scripting (vbscript, batch or Powershell), Polycom, Skype.
* Demonstrated experience successfully designing and deploying desktop management strategies (workstation imaging, software deployment).
* Experience deploying managed Apple and Windows workstations.
Position is subject to a criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position works within the Systems and Operations Unit and provides support to the entire Information Services division. Duties include:
... providing technical support, including desktop, laptop, and Smartphone hardware support; providing software support for common desktop applications used in an office environment, including installing, configuring and troubleshooting a variety of desktop computing applications, patching and updating software programs, deploying workstations, and providing remote and in-person technical support.
... assisting in managing and maintaining a managed desktop and application deployment strategy for workstations, including setting policies around deployment; updating workstation images, developing existing deployment solutions to support a broader scope, and implementing tools to maintain a hardware and software inventory.
... providing support for videoconferencing hardware, software, and calls, including setting up calls for clients, monitoring sessions, maintaining and upgrading videoconference hardware and software, coordinating with remote endpoints, and researching and implementing new videoconference technologies.
... creating, maintaining, reviewing, revising, and organizing technical documentation and end-user guides; researching, evaluating, recommending, and purchasing software and hardware.
... completing special projects, such as researching new technologies that may assist the unit's efficiency; representing Information Services on various on and off-campus committees.
This position works in a multi-story office environment moving between user workstations multiple times during the day. Requires the ability to lift, move, and carry approximately 50 pounds, and work in a seated position for extended periods as well as a standing or bent position when support or instruction is required. Requires ability to crouch, kneel, and crawl to work with hardware and software.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience supporting videoconferencing systems. Please detail the number and types of systems supported and what tools and resources you used.
2. A user reports that they are not receiving e-mail in Outlook. Describe the steps you would take to troubleshoot this issue.
3. Explain what providing excellent customer service entails.
submission is the preferred method. Create an account at:Human Resources Job Application Form (Online)
Paper submission can be made by printing the form at:
Human Resources Job Application Form (PDF)
Mail or hand deliver the paper application and all relevant materials, including the answers to the supplemental questions, by 5:00PM on the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
The UO Human Resources application must be filled out completely, with a signature or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.