Contracts Technician 1 - Archive
|Department:||Business Affairs Office|
|Salary:||$17.58 - $26.85 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Business Affairs Office invites applications for a full-time Travel Technician (Program Technician 1). Close date is extended to 2/25/13.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... three years experience administering or coordinating parts or subsets of a project or program. A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or related field may substitute for two years of the required experience.
In addition this position requires:
* One year experience entering, compiling, and/or reporting financial information.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel).
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
* Ability to maintain the highest ethical standards within the department and within the university.
* Two years customer service experience.
* Knowledge and experience of aspects of the travel industry, including airlines, hotels, ground transportation, and travel management organizational processes and procedures.
* Experience implementing policies, procedures, and service level agreements.
* Experience working with an enterprise accounting and reporting system (e.g., Banner).
* Knowledge of and experience with federal and state regulations on travel related to Sponsored Projects (Grants)
* Experience working with a travel program in a college or university setting with a decentralized structure.
All required course work must be from an accredited college or university.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides technical and administrative support to Business Affairs Office (BAO) travel operations. Duties include:
... interpreting and communicating UO, Oregon University System, and IRS travel policy, rules, and regulations, and providing information, advice, and assistance to campus staff to ensure travel compliance; providing specialized knowledge for domestic travel reimbursements; acting as technical advisor to the Travel Manager; writing technical memos and reports associated with travel reviews and making recommendations for travel-related reviews; reviewing and authorizing airfare purchases through contract travel agencies to assure compliance with OUS/UO travel policy; approving travel advances and administering the Corporate Travel and Entertainment credit card program; maintaining travel database, tracking accuracy of application of travel policy by travel coordinators in preparing travel reimbursements.
... reconciling monthly credit card statements for airfare purchases from contract travel agencies; assisting with recurring reconciliation of unidentified airfare account; reconciling monthly motor pool billing; completing voucher preparation; allocating charges and credits; assigning account codes; entering payable invoices and deposits.
... participating in developing presenting training on travel policies and procedures, use of electronic forms, and travel certification; developing, designing, and preparing training materials used in the certification process.
... conducting monthly travel reviews of travel certifiers for compliance and adherence to UO and OUS policies and IRS regulations and providing written summaries; identifying problems and concerns of noncompliance, recommending corrective action and training needs; preparing summary reports to be sent to certifiers and entering into travel database.
... sharing travel unit responsibility for loading monthly airfare invoices and travel agency files; sharing responsibility for reconciling unidentified airfare account; acting as back up to Travel Manager.
Work is performed in an open office environment. Noise level is heightened at various times due to walk-in foot traffic, co-workers phone conversations, and open discussions.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience interpreting, explaining, and monitoring to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations. Indicate the types of laws, rules, and regulations, the size of the organization, and your role in interpreting and ensuring compliance.
2. Describe how you have gained knowledge and experience in the travel industry, including airlines, hotels, ground transportation, and travel management organizational processes and procedures.
3. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to accurately enter, compile, and report financial information. Indicate the spreadsheet and database software with which you are proficient and if your experience included an enterprise accounting information system.
4. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to provide customer service and communicate technical information, in writing and orally, with UO faculty and staff, and outside vendors from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Indicate experience developing and presenting training and training materials.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
EO/AA/ADA institution committed to cultural diversity. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.