Fiscal Coordinator 1 - Archive
|Department:||Office of Research and Innovation |
|Salary:||$19.31 - 29.56 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Sponsored Projects Services (SPS) invites applications for a full-time Fiscal Coordinator 1.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
o Closing date extended.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... bachelor's degree with 24 quarter (16 semester) hours of accounting courses from an accredited college or university and two years of accounting experience; OR
... CPA or PA certificate and two years of accounting experience; OR
... 24 quarter (16 semester) hours of accounting courses from an accredited college or university and three years of accounting experience.
Accounting experience must include at least 6 of the following:
* documenting and resolving problems within an accounting system;
* classifying revenues and expenditures to funds and accounts;
* ensuring accounting system conforms with applicable controls;
* reconciling accounts to general or control ledgers;
* preparing journal vouchers;
* applying accounting principles to one or more functional areas, i.e., AR, AP, etc.;
* tracing errors through accounting system;
* processing data using a computer;
* communicating technical material orally and in writing;
* applying computer report information;
* knowledge of governmental and fund accounting;
* applying PC spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
Position also requires ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds; strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure; mastery of intermediate skills for document organization, including processing, filing, storage, and access, and for use of the web and computer programs.
The UO is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. We seek candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to the University of Oregon's diverse community.
* Fund accounting experience.
* Knowledge of federal regulations including OMB Circulars, the FAR and other agency policies and regulations.
* Experience with research administration.
* Experience with BANNER or similar integrated management systems.
* Experience with federal proposal and reporting systems.
Be specific in addressing your training and/or experience to the areas listed in the minimum qualifications. Include a copy of your transcript to verify your accounting credit hours. All courses must be from accredited colleges or universities.
Position is subject to credit history and criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides financial and technical support to the SPS post award staff and to faculty and staff through the implementation and monitoring of efficient fiscal practices and post award financial monitoring processes. Duties include:
... participating as a team member in the management of cash balances and performing other cash management duties; preparing billings or financial reports; preparing letter of credit draw-downs; reconciling accounts; monitoring multiple accounts and evaluating interrelated activities.
... participating as a team member with accounts receivable monitoring and follow-up of billing issues and delinquent payments; performing collection procedures, including contacting federal, state and private entities to determine the status of payments, and/or obtain information regarding additional information that may be necessary to orchestrate payment of UO invoices.
... monitoring award activity to ensure compliance with University and OUS policy, State and Federal laws, regulations and procedures and award terms and conditions; monitoring financial activity and payroll charges for discrepancies between the activities reporting system; monitoring sub-award activities.
... evaluating and interpreting award documents for fiscal terms as part of the appropriate set-up in establishing sponsored project funds; assisting with grant account financial setup; assisting Sponsored Projects Administrators in ORSA who have primary responsibility for tracking new and extended awards in the grants tracking system maintenance task.
... studying, modifying, and recommending improvements to accounting and fiscal systems; applying knowledge of accounts and program relationships, data flow, audit trails, and internal control systems to the efficient and accurate processing of financial data; designing and implementing improved data collection procedures; applying knowledge of GAAP, fund accounting, program regulations, and management, such as assisting with cost share system maintenance (cost share, where the University or a third party has a contractual obligation to participate financially in the grant costs, must be interpreted and entered into the University system known as the Grants Tracking System).
... researching and determining causative factors in expenditure trends, interpreting and interrelating various program trends and activities, formulating and recommending corrective action; preparing and sending out quarterly effort reports; assisting in the maintaining effort reports log; sending follow up communications as needed.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe your experience and training related to each item. Make sure your experience and training described in your responses are included in your application.
1. Describe your experience taking on projects or programs where you had to perform fiscal analyses, recommend improvements to systems, recommend best practices, and develop effective procedures and reports. Indicate your audience and the systems and programs that you used.
2. Describe your experience using financial software including automated accounting systems, databases and spreadsheets.
3. Describe an experience or experiences that demonstrate your ability to evaluate and communicate financial information and/or various business models to a varied audience.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.