Office Specialist 2 - Archive
|Department:||Student Orientation Programs|
|Salary:||$12.52 - $17.33 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Division of Enrollment Management invites applications for a full-time Administrative Coordinator (Office Specialist 2 in Student Orientation Programs. Position will require some work during evenings and weekends to support program events and activities.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position may be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
In addition this position requires:
* Experience word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to work with discretion and professionalism, especially with parents who may be upset.
* Experience providing accounting support.
Please indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
This position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides administrative support to the functions of Student Orientation Programs, including Ambassador Program, Duck Preview, Duck Days, IntroDUCKtion, Week of Welcome, and University Convocation. Duties include:
... providing clerical and technical support to the director and other managers, including maintaining files and records; preparing and word processing correspondence, reports, and other documents; coordinating office functions and working with campus departments, such as telecommunication, business affairs, facilities, mailing and printing services, scheduling, UO polices, and parking and transportation.
... answering the telephone, greeting visitors, answering questions and providing information for prospective and new students and their families, job applicants, and other contacts.
... providing budgeting and accounting support, including reconciling accounts, preparing budgets, and preparing fiscal reports; processing accounts receivable and payable, purchase orders, reimbursements; making deposits; processing personnel documents for student and management staff; coordinating payroll functions, such as performing time entry and maintaining leave records.
... providing support for programs, including overseeing registration for events (Duck Preview, Duck Days, IntroDUCKtion, Week of Welcome, and mid-year orientation) and coordinating follow-up communication with registrants.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. This position represents Student Orientation Programs and the University of Oregon in communications with prospective and new students and their families, and UO faculty and staff. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively, and professionally, with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures, including those who may be upset or frustrated.
2. Describe your experience providing accounting and budgeting support, including reconciling accounts; preparing financial reports; processing accounting documents such as invoices, reimbursements, and purchase orders; and processing personnel documents and payroll.
3. Describe your experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to create documents and reports. Indicate the software with which you are proficient.
4. Describe your experience providing general clerical support, including maintaining files and records, maintaining office equipment and supplies inventory, receiving and distributing mail, and coordinating other office details.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.