Office Specialist 2 - Archive
|Salary:||$12.52 - $17.33 Per Hour|
o University Development at the University of Oregon invites applications for a full-time Development Assistant (Office Specialist 2) in Development Operations.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position may be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... an associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
In addition this position requires:
* Experience with Word, Excel, Power Point, proven graphics computer skills and database computer applications.
* Experience providing accounting support.
* Ability to interact with high-level donors, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
* Strong communication skills, independent judgment, and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
* Ability to set priorities, take initiative, be proactive and follow-up, manage diverse responsibilities and multiple tasks.
* Excellent writing, editing, grammar, and proofing, and attention to detail skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong analytical and creative abilities.
* Self-motivated, punctual, and reliable; organized and flexible.
* Ability to work in team environment with distractions.
Please indicate your skills on the attached skill code sheet.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides confidential clerical and accounting support for Development Operations. Duties include:
... monitoring and administering expenditures for programs within Development Operations; reconciling general ledger accounts; processing invoices, expense reports, and tracking all documentation specific to UO Development and UO Foundation policy for expense reimbursement; processing expenses and submitting encumbrances for units within Development Operations; reviewing and processing expense forms, including check, travel, and purchase requests; maintaining account records and ensuring Operations Manager remains informed of balances and expenditures as they occur; monitoring facility expenses and billing and following up on discrepancies.
... serving as first point of contact for the office, including answering the telephone, routing and screening calls, and assisting and screening visitors, such as high-level administrators, faculty, staff, students, donors, volunteers and the general public.
... providing clerical support, including maintaining files and records; preparing telecommunication and facility reports, verifying expenses and identifying and resolving discrepancies; coordinating mail services for the Development Operations unit; processing facility requests; verifying parking validation report, reconciling to visitors log, and submit for payment; maintaining office supplies and equipment; acting as liaison for Ford Alumni Center student ambassadors and directing and reviewing the work of student employees.
... providing back-up administrative assistance to development directors, including travel coordination arrangements, processing confidential donor call reports, and processing pre-approval forms and expense reports; creating confidential proposals, reports, plans, presentations, and other documents.
... making arrangements for development meetings, including scheduling guest speakers, communicating with catering and facilities staff for appropriate room set up and audio-visual needs; planning and coordinating development meetings and events, including designing invitations; preparing guest lists and mailings and tracking RSVP's; making arrangements for event location, catering, and room set up; assisting with meetings by obtaining information, preparing briefing files, drafting agendas, developing presentation materials, recording minutes, and organizing and executing follow-up actions.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Please limit your responses to no more than one page per question. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure that any experience or training described in your responses is included on your application.
1. Describe your experience providing accounting support, including reconciling accounts, monitoring expenses, and processing accounting-related documents, such as invoices, reimbursements, and purchase orders. Indicate your experience preparing fiscal reports using computer spreadsheets.
2. This position communicates with high-level administrators, faculty, staff, students, donors, volunteers and the general public. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively and provide customer service to individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
3. Describe your experience providing administrative support, including scheduling meetings, maintaining confidential files and records, gathering information for use in reports, and word processing correspondence, reports, and other documents. Indicate the word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics software with which you are proficient.
4. Describe your experience planning and organizing large scale meetings and events, including scheduling; arranging venue, catering, and room set up; designing invitations and tracking RSVPs; preparing agendas and other meeting materials; taking and distributing meeting minutes; preparing briefing files.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.