Office Specialist 2 - Archive
|Salary:||$12.52 - $17.33 Per Hour|
o University Development at the University of Oregon invites applications for a full-time Development Assistant (Office Specialist 2) in Regional Development.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take some unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... two years of general clerical experience. One year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
... associate's degree in Office Occupations or Office Technology; OR
... graduation from a private school of business with a Certificate in Office Occupations or Office Technology and one year of general clerical experience.
In addition this position requires:
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Strong analytical and creative abilities.
* At least three years administrative support experience in a multi-supervisor environment.
* Proven experience with client and external constituency customer service.
* Experience with Word, Excel, Power Point, graphics, and database computer applications.
* Ability to interact with high-level donors with discretion, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
* Strong communication skills, independent judgment, and the ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to set priorities, take initiative, be proactive and follow-up, manage diverse responsibilities and multiple tasks.
* Excellent writing, editing, grammar, and proofing, and attention to detail skills.
* Self-motivated, punctual, reliable, organized, and flexible.
* Ability to work effectively in team environment with frequent distractions.
Please indicate your clerical skills on the attached skill code sheet.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides administrative support for the Regional Development Program. Duties include:
... providing confidential support for directors, including organizing and scheduling meetings and appointments; maintaining directors' calendars; making travel arrangements; anticipating directors' needs, conducting basic research, and planning and preparing materials for meetings and travel; providing donor/prospect information by creating customized reports utilizing Excel worksheets and the Advance database; ensuring meeting logistics and arrangements are appropriate and meet purpose and goals of the meeting; providing donor information and meeting details in a time line that meets director(s) needs and ensuring donor contact information is accurate and complete.
... using graphics software to assist in producing proposals, reports, presentations, and other documents; drafting, word processing, editing, and proofreading correspondence, reports and other documents; developing spreadsheets with charts and graphs.
... coordinating directors' mail and proactively handling requests for information using judgment and initiative; maintaining files and records; screening mail; answering the telephone, taking messages, and handling requests for information; coordinating the flow of work in the absence of the regional director(s).
... maintaining account records for department expenses and keeping each director informed of balances; maintaining monthly general ledger reconciliation, processing invoices and expense reports; tracking documentation for expense reimbursement.
... planning and coordinating regional events, including creating name and invitation lists; arranging event location, catering and room set up, and other similar duties.
Position requires occasional lifting of heavy boxes and materials.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience providing secretarial and administrative support for multiple managers with different work styles, including prioritizing requests, maintaining confidential files, coordinating general office functions, preparing word processing correspondence, reports, and other documents.
2. Describe your experience supporting a manager in preparations for meetings, events, and travel. Please give examples that demonstrate your experience in anticipating managers' needs, compiling and organizing materials to prepare manager(s) for meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing itineraries, and making sure that logistics and arrangements are appropriate to meet the purpose and goal of the meeting
3. Describe your level of experience with word processing, databases, spreadsheets, graphics software. Indicate the types of documents you prepared and the computer software with which you are proficient.
4. This position interacts with a wide range of individuals including UO donors and prospects, alumni, UO faculty, staff. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
5. Describe your experience providing budgetary support, including monitoring expenditures, reconciling accounts, processing invoices and other similar documents.
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.