Registered Nurse 2 - Archive
|Department:||University Health Center|
|Salary:||$24.07 - $35.22 Per Hour|
o The University of Oregon Health Center invites applications for a full-time Registered Nurse 2. Position works during the academic year, but work may be extended into the breaks and/or summer months to meet operational needs of the Health Center. Revision to the required qualifications section made to posting 11/19/12.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take some unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to anyone who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... valid Oregon Registered Nurses' License; AND
... at least five years experience working as a registered nurse.
In addition this position requires two years experience in a leadership, team leader, or charge nurse position; ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and culture; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills.
Prefer experience in ambulatory care, urgent care, reproductive health, patient triage, and quality assurance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position oversees day-to-day operation of Clinic C at the University Health Center (UHC). Duties include:
... orienting, assigning, and overseeing work of area staff, including RNs, LPN, medical aides, clerical and "float" personnel; communicating with and instructing staff about new policies, procedures, and protocols; providing ongoing education and feedback to staff in the performance of their duties; providing counseling and guidance to staff to assure behavior is professional and respectful; providing learning experiences for students assigned to area.
... making operational decisions consistent with Health Center policies; communicating with Director of Clinical Services about area activities; working with other departments within the UHC to coordinate patient care and communicating with agencies referring in patients and or when the UHC refers patients out; initiating or participating in activities to improve the delivery of services or safety within the clinic.
... taking active role in providing health education for patients; overseeing maintenance of supplies and cleanliness of area; assuming responsibilities in other areas of the Health Center as necessary.
... performing triage in person and over the phone for students with illnesses and injuries; referring patients or treating as necessary; preparing patients for visit including check in, taking vital signs, assessments, and making chart notes; assisting medical clinicians with examinations, treatment procedures, minor surgeries, and emergencies; administering medications and immunizations, including allergy injections and intravenous therapy; performing diagnostic tests and procedures; Maintaining accurate patient records, including documentation in charts (hard copy and/or electronic) and other recording of information; maintaining strict patient confidentiality and confidentiality regarding staffing and administrative issues in role as lead nurse; working in other clinical areas as needed.
Position is exposed to communicable diseases and illnesses and has potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Requires ability to occasionally lift patients and perform physically strenuous work for short periods.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each item. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Briefly discuss your experience as a registered nurse in ambulatory care, urgent care, or triage. Include the setting, type of nursing, size of facility, your role, number of years you practiced in each setting, and describe how these experiences may apply to a student health setting.
2. This position requires a great deal of professional nursing autonomy and interactions with staff from many disciplines throughout the Health Center. Describe the experience you have had coordinating patient care with services provided by ancillary departments and the strengths you have to contribute and enhance the professional team.
3. Elaborate and give examples of your patient assessment and triage skills. Describe the continuing education you have attended in order to develop and maintain these skills.
4. This position communicates with students, faculty, staff, and members of the public, in person, over the telephone, and in writing. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively and provide nursing care to patients from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
5. Describe experience you have had in a leadership role, including delegation, coordinating staff, providing care, role modeling professional behavior, assessing educational needs of staff, and counseling staff exhibiting unprofessional behavior.
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
EO/AA/ADA institution committed to cultural diversity. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.