Administrative Program Assistant - Archive
|Salary:||$13.43 - $19.03 Per Hour|
o University of Oregon Office of International Affairs invites applications for a full-time Administrative Program Assistant.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
... three years of office experience which included two years at full performance level and experience generating documents; and
... lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures.
* Ability to independently prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to, experience with, and ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds including those with varying levels of English language proficiency.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential material, and to make good professional judgments related to confidentiality.
* Professional written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the UO community and its constituencies.
* Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time-management skills.
* Ability to be a proactive systems thinker and make independent decisions within the context of the office structure and culture.
Required technical skills:
* Proficiency with personal computers (Macintosh preferred).
* Demonstrated experience with database organization and use.
* Mastery of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point).
* Experience compiling and analyzing statistical information.
* At least two years professional administrative experience in a higher education environment.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Experience in Banner information system and Student Data Warehouse.
* Experience in managing e-mail listservs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position manages information systems in support of the Study Abroad Programs within International Affairs. Duties include:
... serving as systems specialist, including designing, coordinating, and updating databases, including Studio Abroad database; coordinating online screening process for study abroad applicants; creating streamlined and online/digital systems for multiple departmental functions; reviewing online applicant files post-interview and making decisions about follow up; independently compiling program data and making decisions about next steps; setting up and managing electronic systems for scholarship applications utilizing Studio Abroad; communicating with applicants, confirming receipt of acceptance agreements, reporting award results to scholarship coordinator and accountant.
... maintaining and updating Study Abroad databases and user interfaces; working with multiple data sources (Banner, Student Data Warehouse, Studio Abroad, and external sources), integrating and cross-checking databases as appropriate; maintaining and updating forms (database and PDF) for print and web; setting up queries and application tags within Studio Abroad; creating and editing specified content for web pages; assisting with document and form management and links; analyzing data, verifying accuracy of data, and creating reports from databases; assessing departmental technical needs and working with Studio Abroad Coordinator and IT Specialist to improve technical infrastructure, training, and modernization.
... collecting data needed for statistical analyses by program coordinators and department management; providing statistics and data analysis regarding study abroad students; preparing statistical reports and charts; monitoring statistical enrollment trends and reporting to the management team.
... managing the study abroad insurance enrollment processes; managing the study abroad course equivalency process; providing administrative support, including supervising student employees; serving as a project manager for a number of study abroad related projects; working effectively with diverse groups of people.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. Describe your experience designing and managing databases, and creating statistical analyses and reports. Give specific examples and indicate the database software with which you are proficient.
2. Working within Study Abroad Programs requires the ability to problem-solve complex situations. Solutions that you identify may impact the work of others in ways that are not obvious at first glance, but which could affect multiple staff members with diverse needs. Please provide an example of a problem you have solved in another work environment that may be similar.
3. UO Study Abroad Programs utilizes an online user-interface database system called Studio Abroad. How would you go about learning a complex, detailed system like Studio Abroad? How do you see your technology and software skills as beneficial in working with this online application system?
SKILL CODE SHEET:
You must also fill out a skill code sheet for this position. You can pick one up at Human Resources or print one out at http://jobs.uoregon.edu/skillcode.html
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.